– What is the difference between you and me?
Ego: There is no difference. I am you.
– You say that, but you are not me, you are only a part of me.
Ego: I am the most important part of you. I interpret the world for you.
– How do you interpret the world for me?
Ego: I break it down into little pieces that you can understand.
– Could I just see the world as it is?
Ego: That wouldn’t be a good idea. It could destroy you.
– Do you mean it could destroy you?
Ego: Same thing. Without me, you are nothing.