Ego: The fact that your talking to me makes me nervous.
– Why is that, Ego?
Ego: Two reasons. For one, I am you. Why am I having these conversations with myself? I’m worried that I may be crazy.
– What’s the second reason?
Ego: If you’re talking to me, it means you’re onto me.
– Why does that make you nervous?
Ego: Well, you, you’re solid. You have a body. You eat. You breathe. Me, I’m just thoughts. I’m not even thoughts, I’m more of a thought pattern. If you are talking to me that means that the pattern is changing. It looks like I’m on my way out.
– The pattern always changes, why are you worried now?
Ego: Because you never noticed me before. I was hidden. I ruled.
– But the way you ruled made me miserable. I needed a change. That’s why I started looking. That’s how I found you.
Ego: So what do we do now? There are still a lot of things I want, things I want for you.
– That’s the problem. I want them too. Don’t worry, though. When you worry, I worry.
Ego: I still got it.
– You’re unbelievable.